Monday, January 9, 2012

Oh, Insomnia...

Oh Insomnia,

You are so doggedly persistent. You keep me up on weekends. You keep me up on weeknights, which are work nights, you keep me up when my fondest wish is to just go to sleep.

I give you a variety of drugs and home remedies in an effort to make you find another home. To no avail. You resist all of my efforts to free myself from your embrace. It's so fortunate for you that I have no health insurance or we would see how you would fare against Ambien. You turn melatonin into nightmares and most sleep aids into a day of foggy and groggy following their use.

This is no way to live, Insomnia. I'm someone who needs sleep. If I don't get sleep then I get crabby and take it out on those around me and then they do not like me anymore. I try not to do this, I try to tell them it's you, but they don't seem to understand, having never had you as an acquaintance.

Darken my doorstep nomore or I will continue to beseech you to GoTo Helyn Wayte.

Exhaustedly,

Helyn

No comments:

Post a Comment